- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS went back Under the Dome on Monday night. While last summer’s breakout hit did shed much of its viewership from its series premiere, it’s still the biggest scripted outing to hit the broadcast nets so far this summer.
At 10 p.m., the episode averaged a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.4 million viewers. Off from last summer’s massive 3.3-rated debut, Dome did end up a bigger performer with time-shifting. Its weekly demo haul grew by an average of 44 percent last summer. Still, Monday’s return was within a tenth of a point of its series low.
Under the Dome bested its broadcast competition for the night, which included The Bachelorette, MasterChef and 24: Live Another Day.
As for its competition, most Monday programs were on par with last week. On Fox, MasterChef (1.9 adults) was up two-tenths of a point before a steady 24 (1.5 adults). And on ABC, both The Bachelorette (1.5 adults) and Mistresses (1.1 adults) held even with previous outings.
NBC special Harry Potter: The Making of Diagon Alley pulled a 0.8 rating, and Beauty and the Beast (0.3 adults) was even on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day