- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
USA’s Dig was not off to a particularly auspicious start when it premiered last Thursday. The pricey event series nabbed just 1.8 million viewers on its first night out.
Read More: ‘Dig’ TV Review
Fortunately for the network, it looks like more viewers saved their excavating for the weekend. Live-plus-3 ratings for the initial broadcast have it rising to nearly 3.8 million viewers — and that’s just the first telecast. With encores, gross live-plus-3 data already puts the premiere at a handsome 5.8 million.
As far as the key demos are concerned, Dig definitely skewed slightly older — its gross average among adults 18-49, 2.2 million, bested by its 2.6 million adults 25-54.
Another four days worth of time-shifting will likely improve its haul even more, but USA brass are likely hoping some of those who caught up after the premiere will make it more of an appointment in its second week. The network is clearly invested. Back in October, it ordered another four episodes — essentially upgrading it from mini status.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day