- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wednesday evening’s coverage of the Winter Games marked a low for PyeongChang’s thus-far robust ratings.
Likely confronting at least some tune-out because of Valentine’s Day, combined coverage on NBC and NBC Sports Network drew an overnight 13.1 rating among households. Not only was that a low for these 2018 Winter Olympics, it trailed the NBC-only ratings for the comparable night in Sochi four years ago.
Coverage included a gold medal for U.S. skier Mikaela Shiffrin and culminated (with a 14.5 rating) during men’s alpine skiing and pairs free figure skating.
CBS won the counterprogramming race with a flat Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. It averaged a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 5.2 million viewers before new episodes of The Amazing Race dipped to a 0.9 and 0.8 rating in the key demo.
On ABC, Match Game earned a 0.5 rating among adults 18-49.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day