- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It may not have been a particularly great game for the Cubs, but that didn’t stop baseball fans from tuning into the first game of the World Series.
Hopes for strong World Series ratings seem validated by Tuesday night’s first showing, despite the Cleveland Indians beating Chicago 6-10. First numbers have the game up more than 20 percent from comparable stats last year, with Fox pulling an overnight 12.6 rating in metered market households. That’s among the best overnight scores for any World Series game over the last five years.
But last year is not the comparison that Fox Sports has in mind. The network is much more hopeful that the rare Cubs-Indians matchup will have the series approaching the ratings highs of 2004 or even 2009. So far, it’s off to a very solid start, though the lopsided score Tuesday night doesn’t bode especially well for those hoping for a seven-game series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day