- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The X Factor closed out its third season on Fox down 45 percent from last year. Averaging a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49, Fast National returns have the show up four-tenths from last Thursday but down 1.4 points from its last finale. It still helped Fox top the broadcast nets for the night. Among total viewers, X Factor averaged 6.2 million for the night. The dipping finale follows a 20 percent drop for NBC’s The Voice finale earlier in the week.
Part of a three-way tie for second in the demo (1.5 adults) and topping the night in total viewers (6.9 million), CBS was the only network to air all encores.
A repeat special of A Charlie Brown Christmas (1.7 adults) led into ABC News special The Year 2013 (1.4 adults) on ABC. The network, also averaging a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49, took 5.9 million viewers for the night.
The Sing-Off (1.2 adults), down one-tenth from last week’s Thursday outing, led into a repeat special of A Saturday Night Live Christmas (1.7 adults) on NBC. The network averaged a 1.5 rating with adults 18-49 and 4.4 million viewers.
Encores earned The CW a 0.3 rating with adults 18-49 and 861,000 viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day