- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Barbershop star Toni Trucks has joined CBS’ legal drama pilot Baby Big Shot.
In the project, which revolves around a working-class woman named Marina who uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a top New York law firm, Trucks will play Cindi, Marina’s edgy secretary and “comradette” in arms.
The actress, whose credits include Showtime’s short-lived Barbershop series, will next appear in Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 as American Nomad coven member Mary as well as Fox Searchlight’s He Loves Me.
Baby Big Shot, which hails from Sony Pictures Television, CBS Television Studios and Fanfare, will be executive produced by Jamie Tarses, Julia Franz and Kevin Falls, who will serve as showrunner. Dana Calvo will co-exec produce.
Trucks is repped by Greene & Associates and Rugolo Entertainment. CBS picked up the project to pilot last month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day