- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Disney Channel’s Descendants has found Jafar’s son.
Twilight star Booboo Stewart has been cast as Jay in the live-action original movie centered on a group of iconic Disney villains’ teenage kids, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Descendants is set in a present-day idyllic kingdom, with the benevolent teenage son of the King and Queen (Beast and Belle), Ben (Mitchell Hope), poised to take the throne. His first proclamation: offer a chance at redemption to the trouble-making offspring of Cruella De Vil (Carlos), Maleficent (Mal, played by Dove Cameron), the Evil Queen (Evvie) and Jafar (Jay, played by Stewart), who have been imprisoned on a forbidden island with the other villains, sidekicks, evil stepmothers and stepsisters.
Kenny Ortega, who directed the hugely successful High School Musical franchise, will helm. Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott (The Starter Wife, Runaway Bride, Desperate Housewives) penned the script.
Descendants begins production in the spring for a 2015 bow.
Stewart, best known to audiences as Seth, a member of Jacob’s pack in the Twilight movie franchise, also is a stuntman. He has a slew of projects in various stages, including a supporting role in X-Men: Days of Future Past. He is repped by TSC Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day