- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cam Gigandet is heading West.
In the post-Civil War era Western, Gigandet will play Jake Flynn, a young, untamed hard-living cowboy who embodies the Wild West.
Gigandet’s Jake is one of the three brothers who step in to save their town when their father, the town’s sheriff, is murdered. Jake is forced to confront his inner hero and lead his two brothers as they seek justice and avenge their father’s death against a corrupt cattle baron with an eye on making the town his own.
The action adventure project, from Warner Horizon Television, is set in the 1880s in a small Colorado town called Gateway and was ordered to pilot last month.
The Pacific’s Bruce C. McKenna will executive produce alongside CSI’s Danny Cannon, who will direct the pilot.
Should the project receive the series pickup, it will join Rizzoli & Isles, The Closer and Falling Skies on the network’s drama lineup.
Gigandet, who played evil vampire James in the first Twilight feature, also starred in Burlesque, opposite Christina Aguilera. He’s repped by WME and Luber Roklin Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day