- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apparently not. A new teaser trailer for the upcoming 18-part series, dubbed “The Return,” includes two brief glimpses of the show — and one of them is of that same roadside sign advertising a population of 51,201. The other shot, one that will surely whet fans’ appetites after waiting 2 1/2 years since the new series was ordered, is of Kyle MacLachlan as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper.
MacLachlan, 57 and genetically blessed, hasn’t changed much either. The actor looks a lot like he did during the original series’ run.
What a week it’s been for Twin Peaks news. Showtime finally announced a premiere date and trotted out secretive director and co-creator David Lynch for a quick meeting with critics.
“I see it as a film,” said Lynch. “And a film, in parts, is what people will experience. It was a joyful experience. This word ‘expect’ is a magical word. People expect things, and their expectations are hopefully met when they see the thing.”
Showtime CEO David Nevins has described the 18-hour revival as “pure heroin David Lynch.” It arrives with a two-hour episode on Sunday, May 21, which gives viewers more than enough time to pick up some clean needles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier