- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amber Tamblyn has signed with Harper Perennial for a new book of poetry, her third.
Titled Dark Sparkler, it will be a haunting and provocative collection of poetry — some personally inflected — about the lives and untimely deaths of well-known actresses, including Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Frances Farmer, Sharon Tate, Thelma Todd and Brittany Murphy.
Less familiar subjects include In the Heat of the Night‘s Quentin Dean, Poltergeist‘s Heather O’Rourke and Anissa Jones from Family Affair. The book will also include specially commissioned art from David Lynch, Marilyn Manson and her father, veteran actor Russ Tamblyn, among others.
Tamblyn joined CBS’ Two and a Half Men this season as deceased Charlie Harper’s (Charlie Sheen) long-lost daughter, who moves in with Alan Harper (Jon Cryer). She was promoted from guest star to series regular just as her initial five-episode arc was drawing to a close.
She was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Emmy for her work on Joan of Arcadia.
Foundry Literary+Media handled the book deal. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day