- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Freddy Caldwell called WPIX-11 on May 11 and May 23 with threats to blow up the station’s headquarters if it kept airing syndicated reruns of the show.
Police easily traced the calls back to Caldwell’s home. According to the Post, he was charged with falsely reporting an incident and aggravated harassment. It is not known at this time what specifically about the reruns prompted Caldwell to threaten the station.
Production on Two and Half Men was halted in February when star Charlie Sheen entered a drug rehabilitation facility. Sheen was subsequently fired in March after making disparaging statements about the show’s creator, Chuck Lorre, and CBS network executives during multiple television and radio interviews.
The ninth season of Two and a Half Men is expected to premiere this fall starring That ’70s Show’s Ashton Kutcher as Sheen’s replacement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day