- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tyler the Creator is ramping up his TV output, inking a first-look deal with Sony Pictures Television.
The 27-year-old rapper and his producing partner Lionel Boyce will be developing projects for television and digital properties, both scripted and unscripted, for Sony under their Bald Face Productions shingle.
“To be partnering with the creative genius of Tyler, the Creator and Lionel Boyce is a dream come true for us as we’ve long been fans of their work,” Sony Pictures Television president Jeff Frost said Wednesday in a statement. “Tyler’s unconventional ingenuity is unparalleled, and we are excited about the prospect of what we can create together.”
Tyler the Creator’s first TV efforts, The Jellies! and Loiter Squad, have both been for Adult Swim.
“Sony Pictures Television has been a hub for great television for many decades and we’re excited to be a part of a place where we will have the resources to develop new ideas,” said Boyce, whose partner added the following: “Tacos are great with bar-b-que sauce, I’m excited.”
Tyler and Boyce are repped by WME, 4 Strikes and Joe Carlone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day