- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The one-hour series’ most recent episode garnered 1.87 million total viewers for its premiere telecast, becoming the drama’s most watched episode since its May debut.
The episode’s premiere also became OWN’s fourth-most-watched telecast in network history, behind only Oprah’s Next Chapter installments with Whitney Houston‘s daughter Bobbi Kristina (3.5 million), the first part of Lance Armstrong‘s two-night chat (3.17 million) and Rihanna (2.5 million).
The episode also was OWN’s second-most-watched telecast among women 25-54, behind the show’s May premiere.
The Haves and the Have Nots center on the dynamic between the rich and powerful Cryer faimly and the hired help who work in their mansion in Savannah, Ga. John Schneider, Tika Sumpter and Renee Lawless star.
OWN recently ordered 16 more episodes for The Haves and Have Nots, bringing the season-one total to 32. The current run of episodes will end Sept. 3, with the back order slated for a 2014 premiere.
Elsewhere on the dial, TLC’s Who Do You Think You Are? — previously on NBC — grew from its season premiere. The episode, centered on Christina Applegate, drew 2.2 million viewers, up 36 percent in total viewership.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day