- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Disney XD’s animated series Ultimate Spider-Man is heading back to TV with a supersized one-hour premiere on a special night.
Season two of the Marvel show will launch Monday, Jan. 21 at 7 p.m. on the kids network, it was announced Thursday. Additionally, the Dylan Riley Snyder and Joe Quesada-hosted Marvel Comics Close-Up interstitials, promoting literacy, will debut during the hourlong premiere.
The two-part Ultimate Spider-Man premiere will introduce iconic villains the Lizard (Dee Bradley Baker) and Electro. As Spidey and his team — Nova, White Tiger, Iron First and Power Man — battle the supervillains, a sinister force is secretly assembling to try and spell their defeat.
Following the one-hour season debut, new episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man will air 11 a.m. Sundays.
The interstitials will give fans a deeper look into the Marvel universe, featuring characters like the Avengers, comic book creators and artists.
In 2012, Ultimate Spider-Man, featuring voices by Drake Bell, Chi McBride, Clark Gregg and J.K. Simmons, is Disney XD’s top animated show among the boys demographics. The series is produced by Marvel Animation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day