- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The streamer on Wednesday announced that it is reteaming with creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock for an interactive special featuring stars Ellie Kemper, Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski and Carol Kane. The special is similar to Netflix’s Black Mirror film Bandersnatch in that viewers will be able to make choices for the characters.
“We’re thrilled to announce that we’re about to start production on an all-new interactive Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt special, set to debut on Netflix in 2020,” Fey said Wednesday during a Netflix For Your Consideration Emmy panel. “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was one of the first original comedy series on Netflix, and now it will be its first interactive comedy event. Fans will be able to make choices on behalf of our characters, taking different story paths with, of course, different jokes. I think it’s a great fit for our show and will be a great way to officially complete the series.”
Fey and Carlock will return to executive produce alongside Jeff Richmond, Sam Means and David Miner. The special, like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, hails from Universal Television.
The special arrives after Fey and Carlock hinted that an announcement about a planned Kimmy Schmidt movie would be coming soon. We now seem to have the answer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day