- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is coming back for more.
The pickup comes less than a month after the streaming giant released the entire third season. The series, which centers on a woman starting anew in New York City after spending 15 years locked in a bunker, also stars Tituss Burgess, Carol Kane and Jane Krakowski.
Originally ordered to series at NBC before moving to Netflix with a two-season order, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt hails from creators Tina Fey and Robert Carlock. The duo executive produce with Jeff Richmond and David Miner. Universal Television, Little Stranger Inc., 3 Arts Entertainment and Bevel Gears produce the single-camera entry.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is one of Netflix’s first comedies. The series has earned considerable critical acclaim; it has received 11 Emmy nominations and is expected to collect several more next month when noms for this year’s ceremony are announced.
Netflix’s original comedy series slate also includes Grace and Frankie, Master of None, Love, Fuller House, Flaked, The Ranch, Lady Dynamite, Haters Back Off, Easy, One Day at a Time, Santa Clarita Diet, Girlboss and Dear White People.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day