- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel‘s uncle Frank Potenza died Tuesday. A Korean War veteran, “Uncle Frank” first appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2003. He worked as a security guard for the program and also offered comic relief in various segments for the ABC show, often with parking lot attendant Guillermo Rodriguez.
Potenza as well-suited for security work as he had a long career in long enforcement: He was a New York City police officer for 20 years, a private security guard in Las Vegas for ten years, and worked on the security team at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City for five years.
The show said in a statement, “It is with great sadness that the staff and crew of Jimmy Kimmel Live! mourn the loss of ‘Uncle Frank’ Potenza.”
In honor of Uncle Frank, THR looks back at some of his funniest moments Jimmy Kimmel Live!
METEOROLOGIST UNCLE FRANK
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day