- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Boss” was seen by 15.3 million viewers and drew a 5.1 preliminary rating among adults 18-49. Even factoring that the first “Boss” episode had a Super Bowl lead-in, this is an impressive Week Two performance for a non-serialized reality show. The premiere of “Race” (9.1 million, 2.8) was up slightly from last year. At 10 p.m. CBS switched from reality to crime drama “Cold Case” (8.7 million, 2.1), which dropped 13% from its last original airing despite having a large lead-in from “Boss.”
CBS placed third overall behind NBC’s Winter Games coverage and Fox’s animated lineup — “Simpsons” (5.9 million, 2.6), “Cleveland Show” (4.8 million, 2.3), “Family Guy” (6.4 million, 3.2) and “American Dad” (5.2 million, 2.5). Fox’s average was boosted by some sports overrun in the 7 p.m. hour. ABC aired “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” (6 million, 1.9).
UPDATE: NBC Winter Olympics coverage generated 26.4 million viewers Sunday, with the weekend averaging 25% higher than the opening weekend for the Torino Games in 2006.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day