- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Schumaecker is joining Universal Cable Productions.
Schumaecker has been tapped as vp development and current programming at the studio and will report to Richard Rothstein, senior vp development and current programming, UCP. She will supervise the development of drama and comedy series for properties on USA Network and handle current programs, including Psych and Fairly Legal.
Schumaecker previously served as vp at Teri Hatcher‘s ISBE Productions, where she developed projects including Us Against the World and Fluffy and Tank.
“Kate is a terrific addition to the UCP team. She has great taste, strong relationships and with her experience on the producing side she really knows how to nurture talent, making her the perfect fit for our studio,” said Rothstein in a statement.
Schumaecker was also head of TV/film development at Meryl Poster‘s Superb Entertainment, and began her career at Beth Melsky Casting at UPN and Liz Lewis Casting.
In addition to Psych and Fairly Legal, UCP is behind series Covert Affairs, Suits, Royal Pains and Warehouse 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy