- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATED: These ratings aren’t going to win any beauty contests: NBC’s presentation of the 60th annual Miss Universe Pageant hit an all-time Nielsen low.
Even with those semi-topless promotional photos of pageant contestants on the Internet, the Donald Trump-produced contest was down 10% in the ratings from last year’s telecast, which was held on a Sunday.
Miss Universe was seen by 6.1 million viewers and garnered a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. NBC pointed out this is the network’s best ratings in the time period all summer and that the show did not decline among total viewers. A special “Minute to Win It” (5.3 million, 1.6) opened the night.
ABC’s “Bachelor Pad” (5.8 million, 2.0) appeared to stabilize after last week’s sizable drop, rebounding a tenth of a rating point. Audiences continued to fall off before “Dating in the Dark” (3.7 million, 1.4).
Fox had “Lie to Me” (5.1 million, 1.8), on par with last week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day