- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress has signed a multiyear overall deal with the studio behind the Lifetime Peabody winner, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Under the pact, Appleby — via her Appletree Pictures banner — will create, develop and produce original programming for the A+E portfolio of networks (including A&E and Lifetime) and outside buyers. Additionally, she will serve as a brand ambassador for A+E Studios and Lifetime, representing the brands at events throughout the year.
“Shiri is a phenomenal talent, and working closely with her on UnREAL has been both a personal and professional highlight,” A+E Studios vp creative affairs Erica Bello said Wednesday in a statement. “I look forward to bringing her distinct voice to new projects at A+E Studios.”
On top of the development deal, Appleby will continue to star on Lifetime’s UnREAL as Rachel Goldberg, a producer on the show’s faux dating-competition series. The overall deal marks a natural next step for the actress, who in season two of UnREAL added director to her résumé.
Appleby’s credits include Roswell, Life Unexpected and recurring roles on Chicago Fire, Girls and Code Black. She is repped by UTA and attorney Jeanne Newman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day