- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC may have a rival for NBC’s Frankenstein.
The network has picked up a drama project from ABC Studios and Up in the Air co-writer Sheldon Turner based on the classic Jekyll & Hyde story.
Hydewill revolve around Grant Hyde, a doctor with an eye condition who experiences bizarre side effects after attempting an experimental treatment in a bid to improve his vision.
When Grant goes to sleep, he becomes Hyde, a fearless individual who is the opposite of his anti-confrontational personality.
Turner will write and executive produce the project with Jennifer Klein (Armageddon) through their newly launched shingle Vendetta.
There have been scores of Jekyll & Hyde related theater, film and TV projects, all based on the 1886 novel written by Robert Louis Stevenson.
NBC, meanwhile, is rebooting Frankenstein with House executive producers Russel Friend and Garret Lerner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day