- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
USA Network is in very early stages of developing a late-night talk show from Will Ferrell‘s Gary Sanchez Productions, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project, currently untitled, would be in the vein of morning talk shows but would air at 12:01 a.m., as TV Guide first reported. If it moves forward, it would mark USA’s first foray into the crowded late-night game, which already includes the likes of Jay Leno, David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O’Brien and Jon Stewart.
The Big Bang Theory‘s Rob Cohen and NTSF: SD: SUV’s Owen Burke will executive produce the project.
This marks USA’s desire to expand its focus from scripted dramas to comedies and reality programming. Later this year, the cable network will roll out unscripted series The Moment with Kurt Warner and The Choir. USA’s Modern Family acquisition will help serve as a launch pad for upcoming comedy pilots, including Paging Dr. Freed and Sirens.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day