- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Sunday premiere of the six-part miniseries brought in 2.6 million viewers over its slightly extended broadcast at 10 p.m., with 834,000 viewers falling into the adults 25-54 demo and 675,000 with adults 18-49.
Though billed as a “limited series event,” the door does seem to be open for an additional order — much as the network did with minis The Starter Wife and The 4400 — but initial returns don’t make a compelling case. (In 2007, The Starter Wife miniseries bowed to 5.39 million.)
One of the more higher profile entries on the USA schedule of late, Political Animals comes to the network from Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark. Development was first announced in January.
Elsewhere on basic cable, A&E’s already renewed Longmire grew at 10 p.m. The series hit a new high of 4.5 million, up 10 percent from the previous week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day