- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Valerie Bertinelli says that the upcoming 14th season for her Food Network show Valerie’s Home Cooking will be its last.
The star took to Instagram on Saturday to share a video of herself promoting the new episodes, which start airing Sunday. She went on to reveal that Food Network informed her last year that the show had been canceled, and she expressed her disappointment over not being clear on what had spurred the decision.
“The bad news is that it’s its final season,” Bertinelli said. “Yeah, Food Network canceled us last summer. I have no idea why. I didn’t say anything last summer because, honestly, I was hoping they would change their mind. (Laughs.) But they have not, so this is it. This is the final season. I have loved making this show. It was such a dream come true. Every single part of it brought me so much joy.”
She continued, “I hope you enjoy this final season because we made every single episode with love for all of you.”
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Food Network for comment.
Valerie’s Home Cooking debuted in August 2015. The star, who signed a new deal with Food Network in late 2021, has co-hosted the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned channel’s Kids Baking Championship for all 11 seasons, including the most recent one that finished airing in February. She has appeared on such other Food Network series as Cutthroat Kitchen, Food Network Star and Family Food Showdown.
Bertinelli is also known for her acting career that includes previous roles on One Day at a Time, Touched by an Angel and Hot in Cleveland.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day