- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Off the Map‘s Valerie Cruz is Lifetime-bound.
The actress has joined the ensemble cast of Lifetime’s drama pilot The Secret Lives of Wives, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Wives, inspired by Iris Krasnow‘s book of the same name explores the unvarnished truth behind the marriages of four different women: Michelle (Grey’s Anatomy‘s Kim Raver), Reed (Criminal Minds’ Salli Richardson), Keaton (Three Rivers’ Amber Clayton) and Jessie (Paranormal Activity 3’s Lauren Bittner).
Cruz, who co-starred on the short-lived Shonda Rhimes Hawaii-set medical drama, will play Alyse, a pretty yet frail girl who’s a cancer survivor who claims to have had an affair with Michelle’s husband, Wil.
Jill Gordon (Five) will pen the pilot and serve as an executive producer alongside Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes) and Jennifer Gwartz (Veronica Mars). Krasnow is on board as a producer on the project, which is being produced by Lin Pictures in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Cruz, repped by Innovative and Pearl Hanan, most recently had roles on Homeland, Necessary Roughness and Scandal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day