- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Vampire Diaries‘ Caroline (Candice Accola) was dealt a major blow in the midseason finale when she learned that her mother (Marguerite MacIntyre) has inoperable, chemo-resistant tumor.
“[Caroline]’s going to try and take matters in her own hands, only to realize, some things there is no cure for,” The Vampire Diaries showrunner Caroline Dries teased at the time.
And The Hollywood Reporter has an exclusive clip from Thursday’s Paul Wesley-directed episode, “Woke Up With a Monster,” as Caroline begins to see how dire things are.
At first, Caroline is content to give her mother kale smoothies and extra blankets — though, she’s frustrated about the slowness of “modern medicine” — but when she presses a visiting Damon (Ian Somerhalder) about lack of support for her idea to give Sheriff Forbes some vampire blood, she’s stunned when he informs her she doesn’t actually have his support.
“You don’t think that our blood will work?” she asks.
When he points out he’s never heard of vampire blood curing cancer, Caroline is noticeably (and understandably) crestfallen.
Watch the full scene above. The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day