- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
[WARNING: Spoilers ahead from Thursday’s season finale of The Vampire Diaries, “Home”]
The Vampire Diaries is bringing back a favorite.
Matt Davis will return to The CW drama as a series regular on the sixth season.
Davis reprised his role as Alaric Saltzman in the May 15 finale after his ghost was resurrected from the Other Side following a successful spell that returned some loved ones from the dead. As Elena grieved the death of Damon, who didn’t make it through safely, Alaric came in to help console her.
Since his debut early in the first season, Davis’ character has served several roles on Vampire Diaries — first as a history teacher, then a vampire hunter, a town council member, Elena and Jeremy’s caretaker, and then as one of Damon’s few good friends. Alaric was killed in the season-three finale, though he appeared as a ghost in subsequent seasons.
During his time away from Vampire Diaries, Davis starred in The CW’s short-lived series Cult in 2013 and appeared in three episodes of CSI.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day