- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An Atlanta ice storm has forced four television productions to shut down.
As of Tuesday night, the two Warner Bros. TV series are expected only to miss one day of production.
Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva, which also films in Atlanta, will shut down production on Wednesday and Thursday. The network’s other soap, Devious Maids, will halt filming Wednesday, though it is unclear whether production will also delayed Thursday.
Snow, sleet and freezing rain are expected to become dramatically worse for much of Wednesday and on through the evening — with travel that day nearly impossible, according to the National Weather Service. Power outages also are expected. Temperatures are expected to reach the upper 20s and lower 30s.
A winter storm warning has been put into effect for the state of Georgia until 1 p.m. ET Thursday. The National Weather Service called the “significant” incoming storm “an event of historical proportions.”
AMC’s The Walking Dead also films in the area, but is not in production at the moment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day