- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After Wesley posted a photo on Instagram on Oct. 28, with the cryptic tease “It’s that time of year again,” The Hollywood Reporter has learned the specifics of the season-six episode.
Wesley will put on the director’s hat for the 11th episode, titled “Woke Up With a Monster,” which is slated to air when The Vampire Diaries returns from a brief holiday hiatus in January 2015.
Back in April when THR spoke with Wesley about his directorial debut (season five’s “Resident Evil”), he explained that directing has been of passion of his for a while.
“It’s something I’ve always wanted to do ever since I started acting. I’ve always really respected directors. As much as I was interested in acting, whenever I watched a film it was always the directing that really stood out to me,” Wesley said at the time. “I always envisioned doing it at one point or another.”
Now he’ll get his second shot.
Une photo publiée par Paul Wesley (@paulvedere) le
The Vampire Diaries airs 8 p.m. Thursdays on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant