- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Secret Circle star Phoebe Tonkin is going from Chance Harbor to Mystic Falls.
The Australian actress, who played Faye on the CW witch drama, has booked a recurring role on The Vampire Diaries, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
She will play Hayley, someone who Tyler (Michael Trevino) has a past with. Described as wild, sexy and free-spirited, Tonkin’s Hayley will first appear in the third episode of season four, as TV Guide first reported.
Executive producer/showrunner Julie Plec shared with THR recently that there would be more characters introduced in the new season, including Hayley and a new mentor for Bonnie (Kat Graham).
Tonkin’s entry into Mystic Falls will surely cause rifts between Tyler and his main ladylove Caroline (Candice Accola). In the season three finale, viewers saw Klaus (Joseph Morgan) assume Tyler’s body.
Prior to Secret Circle, the ICM Partners-repped Tonkin appeared in Aussie soap Home and Away and H2O: Just Add Water, which co-starred Diaries‘ Claire Holt.
The Vampire Diaries returns Oct. 11 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day