- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When The Vampire Diaries kicks off its seventh season, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) will be struggling to move on with his life post-Elena (Nina Dobrev). (For those not up to speed, Elena was put under a spell at the end of last season which dictated that as long as her best friend Bonnie is alive, Elena will remain unconscious.)
Fortunately — or unfortunately — for Damon, his buddy Alaric (Matt Davis) is similarly down in the dumps after his pregnant fiancee was brutally killed on their wedding day so the duo can commiserate together. However, Bonnie (Kat Graham) has other ideas for the pair.
In The Hollywood Reporter‘s exclusive video from the season seven premiere, Bonnie keeps track of the guys drinking their way through Europe and Damon points out if she chokes on the cocktail peanuts, he could tell Elena what’s going on himself.
When Bonnie says she’s going to go ride a bike, like a normal tourist, Damon “helpfully” tells her they don’t wear helmets there. “Keeps getting funnier,” she retorts.
Check out the full clip above.
The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, Oct. 8 at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day