- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Vanda Barra, a relative of Lucille Ball’s who played opposite the legendary comedienne in a pair of CBS sitcoms, has died. She was 90.
Barra, a longtime resident of Palm Springs, died April 9 after a long illness, her family announced.
Barra was married to the late stand-up comic and actor Sid Gould, who was a cousin of Ball’s second husband, producer Gary Morton.
She played several characters on the final, 1967-68 season of The Lucy Show, then appeared in Here’s Lucy, mainly as a secretary who worked in the same office building as Lucy’s character.
Barra also had small roles on The Mothers-In-Law, The Jonathan Winters Show, All in the Family, Rhoda, Too Close for Comfort and The Jeffersons.
Barra worked as a model in New York City before moving to California to pursue an acting career.
Survivors include her sister Theda and niece Adrienne.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day