- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Sebastian is filling out its cast.
The comedy pilot has found its female lead in Vanessa Lachey. The Truth Be Told alum will play Lana, Sebastian’s (Sebastian Maniscalco) easygoing wife. She’s described as a “pretty, sweet and bubbly woman” who “enjoys people, trusts everyone (at times to a fault) and is always living in the positive.” The only problem? She wishes her husband would stop only following his father’s advice and start considering hers.
The multicamera effort stars comedian Maniscalco as a guy whose old-school values, instilled by his opinionated Italian father (Tony Danza), are constantly put to the test by his new wife, her family and the absurdities of the modern world.
Sebastian, which is being produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Amingos de Garcia Productions, is written by Austen Earl (The Millers), who will executive produce with Garcia and director Scott Ellis. Maniscalco, Judy Brown-Marmel, Norman Aladjem and Alix Jaffe will serve as co-executive producers on the project, which has been in development since late 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day