- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo will earn a special honor at the Face Forward 2nd Annual Gala for a New Beginning this year, as she is bestowed the Celebrating Voices Award.
Face Forward is a non-profit charity organization providing abused women and children with reconstructive surgery at no cost to them. Founded in 2007, the organization helps individuals recover from acid burns, lacerations, and blunt force trauma.
Giovinazzo has spent years supporting this cause. In addition to Face Forward, she has also worked with Sojourn, another organization aiding battered women and children.
“Face of Hope” author Carol Guscott, who will be named Real Woman Spokesperson, will join the Daytime Emmy Award winner at the gala. Guscott will share her story of hope and strength after a stranger left her blind and disfigured from an attack.
The event is set for July 9th at the Intercontinental Hotel in Los Angeles. There will be a silent and live auction among the festivities to raise funds for the costly procedures provided by the organization.
Giovinazzo is best known for playing Gina Kincaid on Beverly Hills, 90210, Sam Marquez on Las Vegas and currently, Brenda Barrett on the long-running ABC soap General Hospital.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day