- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veronica Mars has booked another familiar face for its big-screen follow-up.
Christine Lakin has signed on to reprise her role as Susan Knight in Rob Thomas’ Kickstarter-funded feature, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Lakin’s lone episode of Veronica Mars came during the 14th episode of season one, titled “Mars vs. Mars.” Lakin played Susan, a friend of Leighton Meester‘s Carrie Bishop. During the episode, Carrie charges Veronica’s (Kristen Bell) favorite teacher, Mr. Rooks (Adam Scott), of having an affair with her. After he hires Veronica, she discovers that he had an affair with Carrie’s friend, Susan, who was pregnant and did not want to press charges.
The Veronica Mars movie takes place at Veronica’s 10-year high school reunion.
Lakin, whose credits also include Step by Step, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, You Again and Parental Guidance, also created the original Hulu series Lovin’ Lakin, a docuseries spoofing her as a former child actor. She’s repped by Don Buchwald & Associates, Mosaic and Hansen Jacobson.
Lakin joins a rapidly growing cast that includes Bell, Jason Dohring, Percy Daggs III, Chris Lowell and Enrico Colantoni.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day