- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
VH1 announced on Monday that All My Children alum Denise Vasi is joining Single Ladies as a series regular for Season 2. Vasi will play businesswoman Raquel, a friend of current character Keisha (LisaRaye McCoy), on the female buddy series. Charity Shea also stars as April.
Vasi had played Randi Hubbard on ABC’s All My Children from 2008 through earlier this year. She has also appeared on White Collar, The Protector, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. She’s also set to appear in Steven Soderbergh’s male stripper movie, Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer and Olivia Munn.
Single Ladies was renewed for Season 2 in July after averaging 2.8 million viewers per episode in its first season. Former lead Stacey Dash announced she was leaving the series in Sept. saying that she wanted to spend more time with her children in L.A. and the series’ Atlanta location made that difficult for her.
Queen Latifah’s production company, Flavor Unit Entertainment, produces the series for VH1. Season 2 will debut in Summer 2012.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show