- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vice Media is enhancing its news operations, teaming up with U.K. broadsheet The Guardian on a new content partnership.
Announced Thursday, the arrangement will see a team of Guardian journalists work side-by-side with Vice News producers and development execs in Vice’s London newsroom on a range of original content.
These will include co-branded special reports — to be aired across Vice’s news offerings on HBO — as well as new video formats across genres and platforms that both Vice and The Guardian will develop.
“This partnership provides a test case for the way forward in multiplatform exploitation of content,” said Vice co-founder and CEO Shane Smith. “And when that content is the foremost investigative news in the business, it becomes even more imperative.”
He added: “Real, fact-based, trusted news has never been more important, and this partnership, I am very excited to say, will provide just that.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day