- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vice Sports first launched in the U.S. in June 2014, and the New York-based media giant recently expanded the digital sports channel in Germany, Spain and the U.K. The sports vertical, focused on character- and game-driven storytelling both in and outside the sporting arena, will also be rolled out in Italy, France, Latin America, Australia and Brazil later this year, Vice Media said on Wednesday.
Vice, which began as a magazine in Montreal two decades ago, last year unveiled a $100 million partnership with media giant Rogers Communications that includes a Toronto production studio and a 24-hour Vice Media TV channel in Canada.
Vice Sports Canada will focus on professional sports north of the border, while also including a raft of content from the global Vice Sports channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier