- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gary Janetti is on the move.
The news comes as he preps a second season of his British sitcom, which stars Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as a bickering gay couple who’ve been together for nearly 50 years. Vicious became the highest-rated comedy launch on any U.K. channel when it bowed on ITV in April 2013. It airs stateside on PBS, which now co-produces the show, and will roll out another season this summer.
Prior to this, Janetti spent time in deals with both NBCUniversal and 20th Century Fox TV. The former produced Will & Grace, where Janetti rose to showrunner; the latter did Family Guy, for which he was on the original writing staff and even voiced several characters.
Janetti, who has appeared on camera on fiance Brad Goreski‘s It’s A Brad Brad World, wrote for Bette and The Naked Truth as well.
Read more TV Pilots 2015: The Complete Guide
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
the tonight show