- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Victoria Justice is really exercising her funny bone. The actress-singer, who last had a regular series gig on MTV’s Eye Candy, is set to appear on Fox midseason comedy Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Justice has booked a recurring role on the half-hour. Her character, Romona Miller, a corporate shark who befriends Meaghan Rath’s character in an effort to get information on rival Cooper’s (Jack Cutmore-Scott) hangover cure. She’s described as “a titanium-tough cookie beneath a beguiling exterior.” It’s not yet clear how many episodes she’ll appear in.
Fox is bullish on Cooper Barrett. Despite its 2016 premiere, the network recently ordered another seven episodes of the series, bringing it to a full mideason 13. Though no official premiere date is set, the show is intended to air in the Tuesday, 9:30 p.m. time slot after New Girl — once Scream Queens has wrapped its run.
As for Justice, this is not the actress’ first appearance on a broadcast comedy this season. She recently appeared on a live episode of NBC’s Undateable.
Justice is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day