- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After launching the series’ first promo in March, the new footage further establishes the personal and professional obstacles that face aspiring journalist April Carver (Italia Ricci), a 24-year-old who discovers she has cancer.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts the minute-long promo, which starts with April receiving a chance at her newspaper to move up and her romantic life coming into full bloom. But after fainting at an event, April gets hit hard with the news from her oncologist uncle (Steven Weber) that she’s sick.
“I don’t want to die,” says a sobbing April after learning the news.
Faced with a decision on how to proceed (and almost as important, who to tell), April decides to break the news to her best friend, Beth (Aisha Dee), because “literally the only person in my life who can handle this is you,” April says — before her friend uses the cancer bit to get better service at the restaurant.
There is also a glimpse of a weakened April walking down a hospital hallway and a very brief look at Greek alum Scott Michael Foster, who recurs.
“When it chooses you, you fight. What other choice do you have?”
Chasing Life premieres June 10 at 9 p.m. on ABC Family.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day