- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC Family premiered the first promo for its new scripted series, cancer drama Chasing Life, during Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars season finale. Based on Mexican format Terminales, Chasing Life follows an aspiring journalist, 24-year-old April Carver (Italia Ricci), who finds out she has cancer.
“I keep thinking if I don’t tell anyone, it won’t be real,” April says in voiceover, as the minute-long teaser opens with her walking down the street. But things get unexpectedly real when her blood starts gushing out of her nose. “But it’s very real … ”
But how long can April keep her cancer diagnosis a secret? If the promo is any indication, she won’t be going down without a fight. “I’m not sure what’s real anymore, but I know one thing: Giving up — not an option.”
Chasing Life, a Lionsgate/Televisa production, comes from executive producer Aaron Kaplan (GCB, Terra Nova), Patrick Sean Smith (Greek), Susanna Fogel and Joni Lefkowitz, who wrote the pilot. Mary Page Keller, Aisha Dee, Richard Brancatisano and Haley Ramm co-star, along with Scott Michael Foster, Steven Weber, Augusto Aguilera, Rebecca Schull and Andy Mientus.
Chasing Life premieres June 10 on ABC Family.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day