- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBA star Dwyane Wade is dropping by Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally.
Amid questions surrounding the basketball player’s future (he exercised an early termination clause in early July for free agency), Wade makes a cameo on this Sunday’s episode, “Fanatics & Favors,” of the live-action comedy starring Ross Lynch and Laura Marano — and he shows his true colors.
In an exclusive clip to The Hollywood Reporter, Wade — who filmed his guest spot in September 2013 — is revealed to be Dez’s (Calum Worthy) “half second-cousin twice removed.” Turns out Wade, seen wearing an Austin Moon T-shirt, is a huge superfan and has his own dreams of being a rock star.
“I can’t believe it. Austin Moon is actually in my house!” Wade exclaims, before getting in on the selfie game with Austin. “Say pancake!”
Austin & Ally airs 8 p.m. Sunday on Disney Channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day