- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The How I Met Your Mother sendoff continues. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the cast of the CBS sitcom recently taped an episode of Bravo’s Inside the Actors Studio — set to premiere just days before the comedy’s March 31 series finale.
Josh Radnor, Neil Patrick Harris, Alyson Hannigan, Jason Segel and Cobie Smulders all sat down with host James Lipton for the hour-long episode, going over their nine-year tenure on the show that completed filming in early March.
The ninth season has been a long ramp-up to Barney (Harris) and Robin’s (Smulders) wedding, so the actors’ dynamic plays a larger part in the episode.
“Barney is so flirtatious as a character that it was sort of inevitable that we were going to at least sleep together,” says Smulders. “So I’m surprised and very excited that we’ve ended up here, and getting married.”
As for Harris, he gets a little deep when talking about about his playboy alter ego: “I think Barney’s delusional. He lies overtly about things because if it was a boring night, he’ll just make it a better night.”
The How I Met Your Mother episode of Inside the Actor’s Studio airs March 27, at 8 p.m., on Bravo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day