- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As promised, John Mayer is back in the studio with bassist Pino Palladino and drummer Steve Jordan. The John Mayer Trio reunited for their first televised performance in five years, performing on a Late Night With Seth Meyers episode that aired Thursday.
After Meyers interviewed Lena Dunham on the late-night talk show, the blues rock trio jammed on JJ Cale‘s “After Midnight,” which was appropriate in light of the Saturday Night Live alum’s new time slot, with jazz legends Chick Corea, Manolo Madrena and Wallace Roney. Mayer also confirmed on Twitter that Corea will appear on the next John Mayer Trio album, the follow-up to the group’s 2005 debut, Try!
Mayer told The Hollywood Reporter last month that he would be spending February collaborating with other musicians to prepare for his next solo record, planned for 2015, and that the Trio “will be coming back” in the meantime.
“I won’t be touring as much,” he said. “I really want to get the record right, focus and compile, as well as work on some side projects.”
Watch the performance below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day