- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A classic ’80s TV character is getting a second shot at fame — or actually, infamy — thanks to a blooper reel posted on YouTube that features the puppet star of Alf using the N-word repeatedly.
The clip of outtakes was posted online a year ago without much notice, but controversy was recently ignited when it went viral after being featured on the kitsch website BadTVBlog on Dec. 21.
The video includes excerpts from show rehearsals in which the alien character (a hand-puppet operated by series creator Paul Fusco) is seen parodying a then-recent 1989 episode of L.A. Law that included a character with Tourette’s Syndrome uttering the N-word. The puppet can also be heard cursing and using sexual innuendo during scenes with a female co-star. The Tourette’s segment begins at the 4:40 mark in the video below. Warning: graphic language.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day