- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s one of TV’s clearest signs that spring has arrived: True American returns to New Girl on Tuesday night.
The nonsensical, patriotic drinking game is back for a third round, and while Fox’s recently renewed comedy kicks off the episode with the game’s drunken antics — it’s the morning-after hangover that really takes the spotlight this time.
“Liz [Meriwether] kind of had this idea about doing an episode where they’re in bed, hashing something out the whole time, incredibly hung over,” says Josh Malmuth, who wrote the episode with Nina Pedrad. “They sort of stumble into a conversation about their future. It seems like the worst time to have a conversation is always when you end up having it.”
The “they,” naturally, is Nick (Jake Johnson) and Jess (Zooey Deschanel). Watch the behind-the-scenes interview with the New Girl writers below, as well as a tease of True American’s return.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day