- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Conan O’Brien welcomed Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany to to his show on Tuesday to talk about her favorite bedtime reading material growing up, which was a world away from Dr. Seuss‘ Green Eggs and Ham.
When asked if she liked scary stories as a child, the BBC America breakout star told the TBS host: “It was forced on me. I was brought up German … I am German,” she revealed, citing a book that was “cautionary tales for children, in which they all die in the end.”
From a pixie man who chops of a boy’s thumb with garden sheers to the little girl who set herself on fire with matches, Maslany laughed at the horrific stories that she read as a youngster.
“It’s so dark,” she revealed.
Castle star Nathan Fillion was also a guest on Conan, teasing his Twitter followers earlier in the day by asking: “Guess where I am. (Hint: It’s Conan!).
“There are big ones and little ones, but all have the same size head,” she revealed, unable to suppress her naughty giggles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina