- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following its deadly third season, History’s Vikings is adding three new series regulars to its cast.
Finnish actors Peter Franzen (The Gunman) and Jasper Paakkonen (Frozen Land, Secret Lives) as well as Dianne Doan (Once Upon a Time) have joined the drama series created by Michael Hirst, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Franzen will play King Harald Finehair, a Scandinavian warrior and potential threat to Ragnar (Travis Fimmel). Paakkonen is set to play Halfdan the Black, Finehair’s younger brother. Doan will portray Yidu, a new and unique Chinese character who will have a big role in season four.
Season four, already underway in Ireland, will feature a time jump of a “couple of years,” Hirst told THR after the season three finale.
Franzen is repped by Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment, as well as Actors in Scandinavia; Paakkonen is with ICM Partners, Lisa Richards and Anonymous Content; and Doan is with Principals Talent Management.
Vikings returns in 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day